[pl_row pagelayer-id=”ss05jdnupmq6ndnd” 0=””]
[pl_col pagelayer-id=”7n4rxy3k5qrepa38″ col=”12″]
[pl_text pagelayer-id=”329k57tlepghqcje” 0=””]
If you’re a keen cook, or only cook because you have to, then you’ll want to make sure that you make your time in the kitchen as productive as you can.
Here are 5 Kitchenware Essentials you can’t live without:
- Electrical items are often some of the most used items in the kitchen. Kettles and toasters are likely to get more use than anything else other than plates and cups in most kitchens. You can choose a very cheap, almost disposable kettle or toaster, or something that is designed to last. Better kettles heat up quicker so that they take less time to boil, and are more energy efficient. Better toasters will last longer, and toast more evenly. Some toasters will be able to toast bagels and croissants, and so will be more versatile.
- Pressure Cookers are having a revival, and are becoming more and more popular. As the water boils around 40C higher under pressure than in the open air, cooking times can be dramatically reduced, by up to 75% in some cases. This means that vegetables cook very quickly, and meat and poultry takes a lot less time to cook too. Because the cooking time is reduced, it is more energy efficient, and so better for the environment to use a pressure cooker than other traditional methods of cooking.
- Saucepans are probably the most important items you’ll use in your kitchen. Having the right sort of saucepans will make your food taste better, and you’ll use less energy when cooking. In addition, your pans will last longer too. Different sized saucepans will be used for cooking different foods. Perhaps you’ll need a large pan when cooking pasta or rice for the family, and a small pan when you’re cooking beans on toast for yourself. You’ll need to use several pans if you’re cooking different vegetables and potatoes at the same time. You might want to choose non-stick saucepans, so that they’re easy to clean, or lightweight saucepans which are easy to manoeuvre even when full of boiling water.
- If you or your children are keen on baking, then you’ll want to make sure that your bakeware is suitable. Cake and bun trays, baking trays and cooling racks are all designed to ensure that your cakes cook and cool properly, and are delicious. In addition, having the right sort of roasting trays for meats, pizzas and chips will make your food cook better and taste better too.
- Food preparation is very important too. If you use the wrong sort of knife for chopping vegetables or meat, it can take a lot longer, or damage your knives. Choosing good quality knives means that they will be designed to last, and be sharp and easy to use. You can also use blenders, graters, and much more to speed up food preparation.
Now you know more about Kitchenware Essentials, why not make cooking easier and more fun by making sure that you have the right tools for the job?
[pl_row pagelayer-id=”70ktPmau9aMmfnOD” stretch=”auto” col_gap=”10″ width_content=”auto” row_height=”default” overlay_hover_delay=”400″ row_shape_top_color=”#227bc3″ row_shape_top_width=”100″ row_shape_top_height=”100″ row_shape_bottom_color=”#e44993″ row_shape_bottom_width=”100″ row_shape_bottom_height=”100″]
[pl_col pagelayer-id=”unEV8mURS2H2Tjqn” widget_space=”15″ overlay_hover_delay=”400″]
[pl_wp_magenet_widget pagelayer-id=”s8bIx5Ypk0AtoN95″ ]